Abronia reidi WERLER & SHANNON, 1961
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Anguidae (Gerrhonotinae), Diploglossa, Anguimorpha, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||S: Escorpión Arboricola de Reid|
E: Reid's Arboreal Alligator Lizard
|Synonym||Abronia reidi WERLER & SHANNON 1961|
Gerrhonotus reidi — WERMUTH 1969: 26
Abronia (Abaculabronia) reidi — CAMPBELL & FROST 1993
Abronia reidi — LINER 1994
Abronia reidi — LINER 2007
Type locality: Mexico: Volcan San Martin, crater rim, Veracruz.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: UIMNH 67062; J. Werler and J. Reid; February 15, 1953. |
- Beolens, Bo; Michael Watkins, and Michael Grayson 2011. The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, USA - get paper here
- Bogert, Charles M. & Porter, Ann P. 1967. A new species of Abronia (Sauria, Anguidae) from the Sierra Madre del Sur of Oaxaca, Mexico. American Museum Novitates (2279): 1-21 - get paper here
- Campbell J A 1984. A new species of Abronia (Sauria: Anguidae) with comments on the herpetogeography of the highlands of southern Mexico. Herpetologica 40 (4): 373-381 - get paper here
- Campbell J A; Frost D R 1993. Anguid lizards of the genus Abronia: revisionary notes, descriptions of four new species, a phylogenetic analysis, and key. Bull. Amer. Mus. Nat. Hist. 216: 1-121
- Good, D.A. 1988. Phylogenetic relationships among gerrhonotine lizards; an analysis of external morphology. Univ. California Publ. Zool. 121: 139 pp. - get paper here
- Liner, Ernest A. 2007. A CHECKLIST OF THE AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES OF MEXICO. Louisiana State University Occasional Papers of the Museum of Natural Science 80: 1-60 - get paper here
- Thesing, B. J., P. Heimes, and A. G. Clause. 2017. Morphological variation in Abronia reidi (Squamata: Anguidae) with comments on distribution. Mesoamerican Herpetology 4(1): 211–215 - get paper here
- Werler, John E. & Shannon, Frederick A. 1961. Two new lizards (genera Abronia and Xenosaurus) from the Los Tuxtlas Range of Veracruz, Mexico. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science 64 (2): 123-132 - get paper here
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator