- Afonso Silva, A. C. 2018. Evolutionary history of sympatric Rainbow skinks from the Australian Monsoonal Tropics. PhD Thesis, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Afonso Silva, A. C., Bragg, J. G., Potter, S., Fernandes, C., Coelho, M. M. and Moritz, C. 2017. Tropical specialist versus climate generalist: diversification and demographic history of sister species of Carlia skinks from northwestern Australia. Mol Ecol.; doi:10.1111/mec.14185 - get paper here
- Afonso-Silva AC, Santos N, Ogilvie HA, Moritz C. 2017. Validation and description of two new north-western Australian Rainbow skinks with multispecies coalescent methods and morphology. PeerJ 5:e3724 - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- D'Amore, Domenic Corvasce; David Meadows, Simon Clulow, Jeremiah Sean Doody, David Rhind, Colin McHenry 2018. Increasing dietary breadth through allometry: bite forces in sympatric Australian skinks Herpetology Notes 11: 179-187 - get paper here
- Dolman, Gaynor & Andrew F. Hugall 2008. Combined mitochondrial and nuclear data enhance resolution of a rapid radiation of Australian rainbow skinks (Scincidae: Carlia). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 49 (3): 782-794 - get paper here
- Greer, A. E. 1976. Notes on the systematics of the genus Carlia (Lacertilia: Scincidae). II. Carlia peroni (Dumeril and Bibron 1839). Herpetologica 32: 371-377 - get paper here
- Kluge, A.G. 1963. Notes on the Herpetofauna of Western Australia. Western Australian Naturalist 8 (6): 144-147
- Mitchell, F. J. 1953. A brief revision of the four-fingered members of the genus Leiolopisma (Lacertilia). Rec. South Austral. Mus. 11: 75-90 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1974. The genus Carlia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in Western Australia and Northern Territory. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 3: 151-165 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M., Smith, L. A. & Johnstone, R. E. 1981. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Perth: University of Western Australia Press and Western Australian Museum, 200 pp.
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.