Diplodactylus capensis DOUGHTY, OLIVER & ADAMS, 2008
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Diplodactylidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards: geckos) |
|Common Names||Cape Range Stone Gecko |
|Synonym||Diplodactylus capensis DOUGHTY, OLIVER & ADAMS 2008 |
|Distribution||Australia (Western Australia)|
Type locality: Shothole Canyon, Northwest Cape, Western Australia (22°03'12"S, 114°01'11"E).
|Types||Holotype: WAM R154901 in the collection of the Western Australian Museum, Perth. An adult male collected by P. Doughty on 13 April 2004. Liver sample stored at -75C at WAM. |
|Diagnosis||Diagnosis: A medium-large member of Diplodactylus characterised by stout head with tall labial scales, mental similar size to infralabials, elongate tail, wide scansors with a row of discrete unbroken lamellae along digit, medium-sized dorsal scales, 25 vertebrae and by light reddish brown dorsal colouration with pale continuous dorsal stripe with transverse bars. |
|Etymology||named after the type locality. |
- Aplin KP & Adams M 1998. Morphological and genetic discrimination of new species and subspecies of gekkonid and scincid lizards (Squamata: Lacertilia) from the Carnarvon Basin of Western Australia. J. Roy. Soc. Western Australia 81: 201-223
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Doughty, Paul; Oliver, Paul; Adams, Mark 2008. Systematics of stone geckos in the genus Diplodactylus (Reptilia: Diplodactylidae) from northwestern Australia, with a description of a new species from the Northwest Cape, Western Australia. Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 24: 247-265 - get paper here
- Ellis, Ryan J.; Paul Doughty and Aaron M. Bauer 2018. An annotated type catalogue of the geckos and pygopods (Squamata: Gekkota: Carphodactylidae, Diplodactylidae, Gekkonidae, Pygopodidae) in the collection of the Western Australian Museum Records of the Western Australian Museum 33: 051–094 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator