Emoia popei BROWN, 1953
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Eugongylinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Pope's Emo Skink |
|Synonym||Emoia submetallica popei BROWN 1953|
Emoia popei — MYS 1988: 136
Emoia popei - BROWN 1991
|Distribution||Papua New Guinea|
Type locality: Australian New Guinea, Marienberg.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: FMNH 65316 |
|Etymology||Named after American herpetologist Clifford Hillhouse Pope (1899-1974) who made important contributions to the herpetology of China. |
- Brown W C 1991. Lizards of the genus Emoia (Scincidae) with observations on their evolution and biogeography. MEMOIRS OF THE CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (No. 15) 1991: i-vi, 1-94 - get paper here
- Brown W C; Allison A 1986. A new lizard of the genus Emoia (Scincidae) from Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. Occasional Papers BERNICE P. BISHOP MUSEUM 26 : 47-51
- Brown W C; Parker F 1985. Three new lizards of the genus Emoia (Scincidae) from southern New Guinea. Breviora (480): 1-12 - get paper here
- Brown, Walter C. 1953. Results of the Archbold Expeditions. No. 69 A review of New Guinea lizards allied to Emoia baudini and Emoia physicae (Scincidae). American Museum Novitates (1627): 1-25 - get paper here
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Resetar, A.R. & Voris, H. K. 1997. Herpetology at the Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago: the first one hundred years. in: Collection Building in Ichthyology and Herpetology, ASIH 1997, pp.495-506
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator