|Comment||Type species: Luperosaurus cumingii GRAY 1845 is the type species of the genus Luperosaurus GRAY 1845.|
Das (2005), as First Reviser, selected the nomen Luperosaurus Gray, 1845 as valid for the taxon, instead of Lyperosaurus.
Diagnosis of genus: The genus Luperosaurus is characterized by a unique combination of morphological features, including moderately to strongly developed
cutaneous folds on the posterior and, in some species, anterior border of the limbs, broadly dilated digits, a lack of enlarged postmental scales, small scales encircling the tail (differentiated subcaudals absent), and well-developed interdigital webbing (Gaulke et al. 2007). According to DAS et al. (2008), the genus is characterized by the following characters: chin shields undifferentiated; digits dilated, half-webbed; first digit clawless; cutaneous lobes present on posterior margins of limbs; and subcaudals undifferentiated (R. M. BROWN et al., 2000; 2007; RUSSELL 1979).
Distribution: the range of L. cumingii was restricted to S Luzon by BROWN et al. who described the other populations from Panay and Negros as a new species, L.
- Boulenger, G.A. 1885. Catalogue of the Lizards in the British Museum (Nat. Hist.) I. Geckonidae, Eublepharidae, Uroplatidae, Pygopodidae, Agamidae. London: 450 pp. - get paper here
- Brown, R. M. and A. C. Diesmos 2000. The lizard genus Luperosaurus: taxonomy, history, and conservation prospects for some of the world's rarest lizards. Sylvatrop: Technical Journal of Philippine Ecosystems and Natural Resources 10:107-124.
- Brown, R.M., Diesmos, A.C., Duya, M.V., Garcia, H.J.D., & Rico, E.L. 2010. New forest gecko (Squamata; Gekkonidae; Genus Luperosaurus) from Mt. Mantalingajan, southern Palawan Island, Philippines. Journal of Herpetology 44 (1): 37–48 - get paper here
- Brown, R.M.; Diesmos, A. C. & Duya, M.V. 2007. A new Luperosaurus (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from the Sierra Madre of Luzon Island, Philippines. Raffles Bulletin of Zoology 55 (1): 167-174 - get paper here
- Brown, Rafe M., Jatna Supriatna and Hidetoshi Ota. 2000. Discovery of a new species of Luperosaurus (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from Sulawesi, with a phylogenetic analysis of the genus, and comments on the status of Luperosaurus serraticaudus. Copeia 2000 (1): 191-209 - get paper here
- Brown, Rafe M.; Arvin C. Diesmos, and Carl H. Oliveros 2011. New Flap-Legged Forest Gecko (Genus Luperosaurus) from the Northern Philippines. Journal of Herpetology 45 (2): 202-210. - get paper here
- Das, I. 2005. Nomenclatural Notes on the Generic Nomen Luperosaurus Gray, 1845 (Squamata: Gekkonidae). Herpetological Review 36 (2): 117–118 - get paper here
- Das, Indraneil; Lakim, Maklarin; Kandaung, Pius. 2008. New species of Luperosaurus (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from the Crocker Range Park, Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo). Zootaxa 1719: 53-60 - get paper here
- Gaulke, M., H. Rösler & R. M. Brown 2007. A new species of Luperosaurus (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from Panay Island, Philippines, with comments on the taxonomic status of Luperosaurus cumingii (Grey, 1845). Copeia 2007 (2):413-425 - get paper here
- Gaulke, M.; Demegillo, A.; Reiter, J. & Tacud, B. 2003. Additions to the herpetofauna of Panay Island, Philippines. Salamandra 39 (2): 111-122 - get paper here
- Gray, J. E. 1845. Catalogue of the specimens of lizards in the collection of the British Museum. Trustees of die British Museum/Edward Newman, London: xxvii + 289 pp. - get paper here
- Oliver, Paul M.; Rafe M. Brown, Fred Kraus, Eric Rittmeyer, Scott L. Travers, Cameron D. Siler 2018. Lizards of the lost arcs: mid-Cenozoic diversification, persistence and ecological marginalization in the West Pacific Proc. R. Soc. B 285 20171760; DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2017.1760 - get paper here
- Rafe M. Brown, Cameron D. Siler, Indraneil Das, Yong Min 2012. Testing the phylogenetic affinities of Southeast Asia’s rarest geckos: Flap-legged geckos (Luperosaurus), Flying geckos (Ptychozoon) and their relationship to the pan-Asian genus Gekko. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 63: 915-921 - get paper here
- Russell A P 1979. A new species of Luperosaurus (Gekkonidae) with comments on the genus. Herpetologica 35 (3): 282-288 - get paper here
- Taylor,E.H. 1922. The lizards of the Philippine Islands. Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Bureau of Science, Government of the Philippine Islands, Manila, Publication no. 17: 269 pp. - get paper here