Morethia butleri (STORR, 1963)
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Eugongylinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Woodland Morethia Skink |
|Synonym||Ablepharus butleri STORR 1963|
Ablepharus butleri — PIANKA 1969
Morethia butleri — GREER 1974: 21
Morethia butleri — COGGER 1983: 180
Morethia butleri — COGGER 2000: 547
Morethia butleri — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (South Australia,West Australia)|
Type locality: 4 mi E of Leonora, 28°52’ S, 121° 23’ E, W.A.
- Type locality.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: WAM R20615 |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Greer A E 1981. A new species of Morethia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) from northern Australia, with comments on the biology and relationships of the genus. Rec. Austral. Mus. 33 (2): 89-122  - get paper here
- Greer, A.E. 1974. The generic relationships of the scincid lizard genus Leiolopisma and its relatives. Australian Journal of Zoology 31: 1-67. - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 1969. Habitat specificity, speciation, and species density in Australian desert lizards. Ecology 50 (3): 498-502 - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 2011. Notes on the ecology of some uncommon skinks in the Great Victoria Desert. Western Australian Naturalist 28: 50-60
- Rawlinson, P. A. 1976. The endemic Australian lizard genus Morethia (Scincidae: Lygosominae) in southern Australia. Mem. Natl. Mus. Vict. 37: 27-41
- Reeder, T.W. 2003. A phylogeny of the Australian Sphenomorphus group (Scincidae: Squamata) and the phylogenetic placement of the crocodile skinks (Tribolonotus): Bayesian approaches to assessing congruence and obtaining confidence in maximum likelihood inferred relatio Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 27: 384–397 - get paper here
- Smyth, M. 1972. The genus Morethia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in South Australia. Rec. South Austral. Mus. 16 (12): 1-14 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1963. Ablepharus butleri. A new scincid lizard from Australia. Western Australian Naturalist 9: 46-47
- Storr, G. M. 1972. The genus Morethia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in Western Australia. J. R. Soc. West. Aust. 55: 73-79
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator