Ramphotyphlops becki (TANNER, 1948)
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Typhlopidae (Asiatyphlopinae), Typhlopoidea, Serpentes, Squamata (snakes) |
|Common Names||Beck’s Blind Snake |
|Synonym||Typhlops becki TANNER 1948|
Ramphotyphlops becki — SHEA & WALLACH 2000
Ramphotyphlops becki — HEDGES et al. 2014
Ramphotyphlops becki — WALLACH et al. 2014: 626
|Distribution||Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal|
Type locality: Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands.
|Types||Holotype: BYU 7448 |
|Etymology||Named after the collector of the type, Dr. D. Elden Beck, Assistant Professor of Zoology and Entomology at Dixie College, St. George, Utah (1934-1937) and Brigham Young University (1937-1943 and 1946-). Beck was trained at Brigham Young University and received a PhD from Iowa State College (1933). He was a member of the US armed forces from 1943 to 1946. See Tanner 1948 for more biographical details. |
- Beolens, Bo; Michael Watkins, and Michael Grayson 2011. The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, USA - get paper here
- Hedges, S.B., Marion, A.B., Lipp, K.M., Marin, J. & Vidal, N. 2014. A taxonomic framework for typhlopid snakes from the Caribbean and other regions (Reptilia, Squamata). Caribbean Herpetology 49: 1–61 - get paper here
- McCoy, M. 2006. Reptiles of the Solomon Islands. Pensoft Series Faunistica 57, 212 pp.
- McCoy, M. 2015. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of the Solomon Islands. Michael McCoy, Kuranda - get paper here
- Shea, Glenn M.; Wallach, Van 2000. Reexamination of an anomalous distribution: resurrection of Ramphotyphlops becki (Serpentes: Typhlopidae). Pacific Science 54(1):70-74
- Tanner, V. M. 1948. Pacific Islands Herpetology No. I. Mariana Islands. Great Basin Naturalist 9 (1-2): 1-20 - get paper here
- Wallach, Van; Kenneth L. Williams , Jeff Boundy 2014. Snakes of the World: A Catalogue of Living and Extinct Species. [type catalogue] Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 1237 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator