- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Moussalli, Adnan; Andrew F. Hugall and Craig Moritz 2005. A mitochondrial phylogeny of the rainforest skink genus Saproscincus , Wells and Wellington (1984). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 34: 190-202 (published online 2004) - get paper here
- Sadlier R A. Colgan D J. Shea G M. 1993. Taxonomy and distribution of the scincid lizard Saproscincus challengeri and related species in southeastern Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 34 (1): 139-158.
- Sadlier, R.A.; Couper, P.J.; Colgan, D.J.; Vanderduys, E.; Rickard, E. 2005. A new species of scincid lizard, Saproscincus eungellensis, from mid-eastern Queensland. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 51(2): 559-571.
- Shea, Glenn M; Sadlier, Ross A 1999. A catalogue of the non-fossil amphibian and reptile type specimens in the collection of the Australian Museum: types currently, previously and purportedly present. TECHNICAL REPORTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM 15, 1999: 1-91
- Virkki, Diana A.; Cuong Tran, and J. Guy Castley 2012. Reptile Responses to Lantana Management in a Wet Sclerophyll Forest, Australia. Journal of Herpetology 46 (2): 177-185. - get paper here
- Wells, R. W. and Wellington, C. R. 1985. A classification of the Amphibia and Reptilia of Australia. Australian Journal of Herpetology, Supplementary Series, (1):1-61 [sometimes cited as 1983] - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.