Tantilla lempira WILSON & MENA, 1980
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Colubridae, Colubrinae, Colubroidea, Caenophidia, Alethinophidia, Serpentes, Squamata (snakes) |
|Common Names||Mena's Centipede Snake |
|Synonym||Tantilla lempira WILSON & MENA 1980|
Tantilla lempira — WILSON & MCCRANIE 2002
Tantilla lempira — WALLACH et al. 2014: 702
|Distribution||Honduras (Pacific versant), elevation 1450-1730 m.|
Type locality: 41 km NW Tegucigalpa, Depto. Francisco Morazan, Honduras.
|Types||Holotype: LSUMZ 26093 (Louisiana St. Univ. Mus. Zool.) , adult female, collected 3 June 1968 by Ernest A. Liner. |
|Comment||Abundance: McCranie (2011) based his description on four males and two females, and noted that the species had not been collected for more than 20 years, although it was recently rediscovered by Espinal and Solís (2015). |
- Espinal, Mario R. and José Mario Solís 2015. Rediscovery of the Honduran endemic snake Tantilla lempira Wilson and Mena, 1980 (Squamata: Colubridae). Mesoamerican Herpetology 2 (4): 576 - get paper here
- McCranie J R 2011. The snakes of Honduras. SSAR, Salt Lake City, 725 pp.
- McCranie, James R. 2015. A checklist of the amphibians and reptiles of Honduras, with additions, comments on taxonomy, some recent taxonomic decisions, and areas of further studies needed. Zootaxa 3931 (3): 352–386 - get paper here
- Solís, J. M., L. D. Wilson, and J. H. Townsend. 2014. An updated list of the amphibians and reptiles of Honduras, with comments on their nomenclature. Mesoamerican Herpetology 1: 123–144 - get paper here
- Wallach, Van; Kenneth L. Williams , Jeff Boundy 2014. Snakes of the World: A Catalogue of Living and Extinct Species. [type catalogue] Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 1237 pp.
- Wilson L D 1990. Tantilla lempira Wilson and Mena. Catalogue of American Amphibians and Reptiles ( 476: 1 - get paper here
- Wilson L D; Mena C E 1980. Systematics of the melanocephala group of the colubrid snake genus Tantilla. SAN DIEGO SOCIETY OF NATURAL HISTORY MEMOIRS 11: 5-58
- Wilson, L.D. 1999. Checklist and key to the species of the genus Tantilla (Serpentes: Colubridae), with some commentary on distribution. Smithsonian Herp. Inf. Serv. (122): 1-34 - get paper here
- Wilson, L.D. & McCranie, J.R. 2003. The herpetofauna of the cloud forests of Honduras. Amphibian & Reptile Conservation 3 (1): 34-48 - get paper here
- Wilson, Larry David and James R. McCranie 2002. Update on the list of reptiles know from Honduras. Herpetological Review 33 (2):90-94 - get paper here
- Wilson, Larry David and Vicente Mata-Silva 2015. A checklist and key to the snakes of the Tantilla clade (Squamata: Colubridae), with comments ondistribution and conservation. Mesoamerican Herpetology 2 (4): 418 - get paper here
- Wilson,L.D. 1982. A Review of the Colubrid Snakes of the Genus Tantilla of Central America. Milwaukee Publ. Mus. Contr. Biol. Geol. (52): 1-77
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator