- Barts, M. & Wilms, T. 2003. Die Agamen der Welt. Draco 4 (14): 4-23 - get paper here
- Boulenger, G.A. 1885. Catalogue of the lizards in the British Museum (Nat. Hist.) I. Geckonidae, Eublepharidae, Uroplatidae, Pygopodidae, Agamidae. London: 450 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Davis, R.A.; Wilcox, J. 2008. Range extension of the Western Heath Dragon Rankinia adelaidensis and Gray's legless lizard Delma grayii with notes on the distribution of southern Swan coastal plain reptiles. Western Australian Naturalist 26 (1): 67-70 - get paper here
- Ellis, Ryan J. 2019. An annotated type catalogue of the dragon lizards (Reptilia: Squamata: Agamidae) in the collection of the Western Australian Museum. Records of the Western Australian Museum 34: 115–132 - get paper here
- Gray, J. E. 1841. Description of some new species and four new genera of reptiles from Western Australia, discovered by John Gould, Esq. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (1) 7: 86-91 - get paper here
- Gray, J.E. 1841. A catalogue of the species of reptiles and Amphibia hitherto described as inhabiting Australia, with a description of some new species from Western Australia. Appendix E, pp. 422-449. In: G. Grey, Journals of Two Expeditions of Discovery in Northwest T. and W. Boone, London. Vol. 2: 422-449 + plates - get paper here
- Greer A E 1991. Limb reduction in Squamates: identification of the lineages and discussion of the trends. Journal of Herpetology 25 (2): 166-173 - get paper here
- Greer, A.E. and G. Shea 1997. Notes on an unusual colour feature and reproduction in the dragon lizard Rankinia adelaidensis adelaidensis. Herpetofauna (Sydney) 27(2):75
- Houston, T. F. & Mark Hutchinson 1998. Dragon lizards and goannas of South Australia. 2nd ed. Adelaide : South Australian Museum, 87 pp.
- HUGALL, ANDREW F.; RALPH FOSTER , MARK HUTCHINSON and MICHAEL S. Y. LEE 2008. Phylogeny of Australasian agamid lizards based on nuclear and mitochondrial genes: implications for morphological evolution and biogeography. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. 93 (2): 343 -358 - get paper here
- Kinghorn, J. Roy 1924. Reptiles and batrachians from south and south-west Australia. Rec. Austral. Mus. 14 (3): 163-183 - get paper here
- Macey, J. R., J. A. Schulte II, A. Larson, N. B. Ananjeva, Y. Wang, R. Pethiyagoda, N. Rastegar-Pouyani, T. J. Papenfuss 2000. Evaluating trans-Tethys migration: an example using acrodont lizard phylogenetics. Systematic Biology 49 (2): 233-256 - get paper here
- Melville, Jane; Luke P. Shoo and Paul Doughty 2008. Phylogenetic relationships of the heath dragons (Rankinia adelaidensis and R. parviceps) from the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot. Australian Journal of Zoology 56 (3): 159-171 - get paper here
- Melville, Jane; Schulte, James A.; Larson, Allan 2001. A molecular phylogenetic study of ecological diversification in the Australian lizard genus Ctenophorus. Journal of Experimental Zoology: Molecular and Developmental Evolution 291(4): 339-353 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1977. The Amphibolurus adelaidensis species group (Lacertilia, Agamidae) in Western Australia. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 5: 73-81 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.