|Distribution||E Indonesia, New Guinea, N Australia (coastal areas of Northern Territory, Queensland)|
Type locality: Lake Daviumbo, western Province.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
- Burger W. L. and Natsuno, T. 1974. A new genus for the Arafura Smooth Seasnake and redefinitions of other seasnake genera. The Snake 6: 61-75.
- Cogger,H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Dubach, Jean, Agatha Sajewicz and Ray Pawley 1997. Parthenogenesis in the Arafuran file snake (Acrochordus arafurae). Herpetological Natural History 5 (1):11-18.
- Mattison, Chris 2007. The New Encyclopedia of Snakes. Princeton University Press
- McDiarmid,R.W.; Campbell,J.A. & Touré,T.A. 1999. Snake species of the world. Vol. 1. Herpetologists’ League, 511 pp.
- McDowell S B 1979. A catalogue of the snakes of New Guinea and the Solomons, with special reference to those in the Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Part 3. Boinae and Acrochordoidea (Reptilia, Serpentes). Journal of Herpetology 13 (1): 105-111 - get paper here
- O'Shea,M. 1996. A Guide to the Snakes of Papua New Guinea. Independent Publishing, Port Moresby, xii + 239 pp. - get paper here
- Sanders, Kate L.; Mumpuni, Amir Hamidy, Jason J. Head, David J. Gower 2010. Phylogeny and divergence times of filesnakes (Acrochordus): Inferences from morphology, fossils and three molecular loci. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 56 (3): 857-867 - get paper here
- Shine, R. 1986. Sexual differences in morphology and niche utilization in an aquatic snake, Acrochordus arafurae. Oecologia (Berl.) 69: 260-267
- Somaweera, R. 2009. Snakes of Darwin. Poster, University of Sydney
- Wilson,S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.