Aprasia repens (FRY, 1914)
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Pygopodidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Sedgelands Worm-lizard |
|Synonym||Ophioseps repens FRY 1914|
Aprasia repens — KLUGE 1993
Aprasia repens — COGGER 2000: 282
Abilaena repens — WELLS 2007
Aprasia repens — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (West Australia)|
Type locality: W.A., restricted to Swan View National Park (35°51’ S, 116° 03’ E), W.A. by KLUGE 1974.
- Type locality.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: WAM R364 |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger,H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Fry, D. B. 1914. On a collection of reptiles and batrachians from Western Australia. Rec. West. Austral. Mus. 1:174-210 - get paper here
- Glauert, L. 1956. Herpetological Miscellanea VIII Snake Lizards and Worm Lizards (Family Pygopodidae). Western Australian Naturalist 5 (6):
- Kinghorn, J. Roy 1926. A brief review of the family Pygopodidae. Rec. Austral. Mus. 15 (1): 40-64 - get paper here
- Kluge, A. G. 1974. A taxonomic revision of the lizard family Pygopodidae. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, (147): 1-221. - get paper here
- Kluge, Arnold G. 1976. Phylogenetic relationships in the lizard family Pygopodidae: an evaluation of theory, methods and data. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan (152): 1-72 - get paper here
- Stokely, P.S. 1947. The post-cranial skeleton of Aprasia repens. Copeia 1947 (1): 22-28. - get paper here
- Wells, R. W. 2007. Some taxonomic and nomenclatural considerations on the class Reptilia. A review of species in the genus Aprasia GRAY 1839 (Aprasiaidae) including the description of a new genus. Australian Biodiversity Record (6): 1-17 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator