- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Greer,A.E. 1990. Overlap pattern in the preanal scale row: an important systematic character in skinks. Journal of Herpetology 24 (3): 328-330 - get paper here
- Hutchinson M N; Donnellan S C; Baverstock P R; Krieg M; Simms S; Burgin S 1990. Immunological relationships and generic revision of the Australian lizards assigned to the genus Leiolopisma (Scincidae: Lygosominae). Australian Journal of Zoology 38 (5): 535-554 - get paper here
- Hutchinson,M.D. & Schwaner,T.D. 1991. Genetic relationships among the Tasmanian scincid lizards of the genus Niveoscincus. Journal of Herpetology 25 (1): 49-58 - get paper here
- Hutchinson,M.N.; Robertson,P. & Rawlinson,P.A. 1989. Redescription and ecology of the endemic Tasmanian scincid lizards Leiolopisma microlepidotum and L. pretiosum. Pap. Proc. R. Soc. Tasn. 123: 257-274
- Melville, Jane; Swain, Roy 2000. Evolutionary relationships between morphology, performance and habitat openness in the lizard genus Niveoscincus (Scincidae: Lygosominae). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 70: 667–683. - get paper here
- Melville,J. & SWAIN,R. 2000. Mitochondrial DNA-sequence based phylogeny and biogeography of the snow skinks (Squamata: Scincidae: Niveoscincus) of Tasmania. Herpetologica 56 (2): 196-208 - get paper here
- O’Shaughnessy,A.W.E. 1874. A description of a new species of Scincidae in the collection of the British Museum. Ann. Mag. nat. Hist. (4) 13: 298-301 - get paper here
- Rawlinson, P. A. 1974. Biogeography and ecology of the reptiles of Tasmania and the Bass Strait area. In: Williams, W. D. (ed.) Biogeography and Ecology in Tasmania,Chapt. 11. The Hague: Junk, pp. 291-338
- Smith, M.A. 1937. A review of the genus Lygosoma (Scincidae: Reptilia) and its allies. Records of the Indian Museum 39 (3): 213-234
- Taylor, R. J.;Dudley, A.;Gale, P. G. 1993. Reptiles and amphibians in sclerophyll forest surrounding Old Chum Dam in north-eastern Tasmania. Herpetofauna (Sydney) 23 (1): 26-31
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.