Carlia storri INGRAM & COVACEVICH, 1989
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Eugongylinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Brown Bicarinate Rainbow-skink |
|Synonym||Carlia storri KIKKAWA, MONTEITH & INGRAM 1981 (nomen nudum)|
Carlia storri INGRAM & COVACEVICH 1989
Carlia storri — COGGER 2000: 399
Carlia storri — DOLMAN & HUGALL 2008
|Distribution||Australia (Queensland), SW Papua New Guinea (S Western Province)
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Paratypes: AMS (AM) |
|Comment||Ingram and Covacevich (1989) split C. storrii from C. bicarinata. |
|Etymology||named after Glenn Storr (1921-1990) of the Western Australian Museum. See also Williams et al. (2006) for further biographical notes. |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Dolman, Gaynor & Andrew F. Hugall 2008. Combined mitochondrial and nuclear data enhance resolution of a rapid radiation of Australian rainbow skinks (Scincidae: Carlia). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 49 (3): 782-794 - get paper here
- DONNELLAN, S.C.; P.J. COUPER, K. M. SAINT & L. WHEATON 2009. Systematics of the Carlia ‘fusca’ complex (Reptilia: Scincidae) from northern Australia. Zootaxa 2227: 1-31 - get paper here
- Ingram G; Covacevich J 1989. Revision of the genus Carlia (Reptilia, Scincidae) in Australia with comments on Carlia bicarinata of New Guinea. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 27 (2): 443-490
- Shea, Glenn M; Sadlier, Ross A 1999. A catalogue of the non-fossil amphibian and reptile type specimens in the collection of the Australian Museum: types currently, previously and purportedly present. TECHNICAL REPORTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM 15, 1999: 1-91
- Williams, D.; Wüster, W. & Fry, B.G. 2006. The good, the bad and the ugly: Australian snake taxonomists and a history of the taxonomy of Australia’s venomous snakes. Toxicon 48: 919–930
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator