Chalcides armitagei BOULENGER, 1922
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Scincinae, Sauria (lizards) |
|Common Names||Armitage's Cylindrical Skink |
|Synonym||Chalcides armitagei BOULENGER 1922: 899|
Chalcides armitagei — GREENBAUM et al. 2006
|Distribution||Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Senegal|
Type locality: “the Gambia”
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Type: BMNH 19220.127.116.11 (and possibly additional specimens). |
|Comment||Cited as Chalcides armitagei BOULENGER 1896 by Frank & Ramus 1995. The year given by Pasteur is 1921 in the text (p. 3), but 1920 in the references. |
|Etymology||named after H.E. Capt. C.H. Armitage, C.M.G., “a generous donor” and discoverer of the types. |
- Barnett, Linda K. & Emms, Craig 2005. Common reptiles of The Gambia. Rare Repro, Hailsham, East Sussex, 24 pp.
- Boulenger,G.A. 1922. Description of a New Lizard of the genus Chalcides, from the Gambia, living in the Society's Gardens. Proc. Zool. Soc. London 1922 (1): 899
- Greenbaum, E.; Campbell, A.C. & Raxworthy, C.J. 2006. A revision of sub-saharan Chalcides (Squamata: Scincidae) with redescriptions of two East African species. Herpetologica 62 (1): 71-89 - get paper here
- Håkansson,N.T. 1981. An annotated checklist of reptiles known to occur in the Gambia. Journal of Herpetology 15 (2): 155-161 - get paper here
- Pasteur,G. 1981. A survey of the species groups of the the old world scincid genus Chalcides. Journal of Herpetology 15 (1): 1-16 - get paper here
- Trape, J.F.; Trape, S. & Chirio, L. 2012. Lézards, crocodiles et tortues d'Afrique occidentale et du Sahara. IRD Orstom, 503 pp. - get paper here
- Trape, Sébastien. 2008. First record of the skink Chalcides armitagei Boulenger, 1922 in coastal areas of Guinea Bissau and Senegal. Herpetozoa 20 (3/4):189-191  - get paper here
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator