|Distribution||Australia (Lake Torrens basin; NE New South Wales, SE Northern Territory, SW Queensland, NE South Australia, NW Victoria)|
Type locality: Andamooka Ranges, immediately W of Lake Torrens, S. A.
aranda: Simpson desert south to Lake Eyre basin. Type locality: Ringwood, in 24° 21’ S, 135° 05’ E, N. T.
iridis: W Victoria and adjacent parts of South Australia. Type locality: from 6.6 km ENE of Chinaman Well, Vic.
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P. J.; Amey, A. P.; Kutt, A. S. 2002. A new species of Ctenotus (Scincidae) from central Queensland. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 48(1):85-92 - get paper here
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Hutchinson,M.N.; Adams, M. & Fricker, S. 2006. Genetic variation and taxonomy of the Ctenotus brooksi species complex (Squamata: Scincidae). Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia (including Records of the South Australian Museum) 130 (1): 48-65 - get paper here
- Loveridge, A. 1933. New scincid lizards of the genera Sphenomorphus, Rhodona and Lygosoma from Australia. Occ. Pap. Boston Soc. Nat. Hist. 8: 95-100 - get paper here
- Mitchell, F. J. 1949. A new species of Lygosoma (Lygosoma (Sphenomorphus) taeniata sp. nov.). Rec. South Austral. Mus. 9: 180 - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 1969. Sympatry of desert lizards (Ctenotus) in Western Australia. Ecology 50: 1012-1030 - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 1969. Habitat specificity, speciation, and species density in Australian desert lizards. Ecology 50 (3): 498-502 - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 1972. Zoogeography and speciation of Australian desert lizards: an ecological perspective. Copeia 1972 (1): 127-144 - get paper here
- Singhal, Sonal; Huateng Huang, Maggie R. Grundler, María R. Marchán-Rivadeneira, Iris Holmes, Pascal O. Title, Stephen C. Donnellan, and Daniel L. Rabosky 2018. Does Population Structure Predict the Rate of Speciation? A Comparative Test across Australia’s Most Diverse Vertebrate Radiation The American Naturalist - get paper here
- Storr G M 1969. The genus Ctenotus (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in the Eastern Division of Western Australia. J. Proc. Roy. Soc. West. Australia 51: 97-109
- Storr G M 1970. The genus Ctenotus (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in the Northern Territory. J. Proc. Roy. Soc. West. Australia 52: 97-108
- Storr G M 1978. Notes on the Ctenotus (Lacertilia, Scincidae) of Queensland. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 6 (3): 319-332 - get paper here
- Storr G M 1981. Ten new Ctenotus (Lacertilia: Scincidae) from Australia. Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 9 (2): 125-146 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1971. The genus Ctenotus (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in South Australia. Rec. South Austral. Mus. 16 (6): 1-15 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1974. The genus Ctenotus (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in the South-west and Eucla Divisions of Western Australia. J R. Soc. West. Aust. 56: 86-93 
- Storr, G. M., Smith, L. A. & Johnstone, R. E. 1981. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Perth: University of Western Australia Press and Western Australian Museum, 200 pp.
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.