|Higher Taxa||Pygopodidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Sharp-snouted Delma, Sharp-snouted Legless Lizard |
|Synonym||Delma nasuta KLUGE 1974|
Delma nasuta — COGGER 2000: 291
Delma nasuta — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (New South Wales?, North Territory, Queensland, South Australia, West Australia)|
Type locality: Pollock Hills, 144 mi W of Sandy Blight Junction, W. A.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: WAM R40178 |
|Comment||Habitat: The species is strongly associated with hummock grass (Shea, 1991).|
Diagnosis: A moderately large Delma without dark or pale bands across top of head and neck. Distinguishable from D. butlen' by more numerous and differendy patterned loreals, longer and paler snout, pale brown upper labials narrowly edged above with dark brown, dorsals pale brown spotted with dark brown, and ventrals and subcaudals often dark-edged [STORR 1987: 48].
- Brennan, Ian G.; Aaron M. Bauer, Todd R. Jackman 2015. Mitochondrial introgression via ancient hybridization, and systematics of the Australian endemic pygopodid gecko genus Delma. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 94 (2016) 577–590
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Kluge, A. G. 1974. A taxonomic revision of the lizard family Pygopodidae. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, (147): 1-221. - get paper here
- Kluge, Arnold G. 1976. Phylogenetic relationships in the lizard family Pygopodidae: an evaluation of theory, methods and data. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan (152): 1-72 - get paper here
- Maryan,B., Aplin,K., & Adams,M. 2007. Two new species of the Delma tincta group (Squamata: Pygopodidae) from northwestern Australia. Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 23: 273-305 - get paper here
- Pianka, E. R. 2010. Notes on the ecology of four species of pygopodid lizards in the Great Victoria Desert. Western Australian Naturalist 27: 175-181
- Shea, G. M. 1991. Revisionary notes on the genus Delma (Squamata: Pygopodidae) in South Australia and the Northern Territory. Rec. South Austral. Mus. 25: 71-90 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.