- Boulenger, G.A. 1887. Report on a zoological collection made by the officers of H.M.S. Flying Fish at Christmas Island, Indian Ocean. Proc. zool. Soc. London 1887: 516-517 - get paper here
- Brown W C 1991. Lizards of the genus Emoia (Scincidae) with observations on their evolution and biogeography. MEMOIRS OF THE CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (No. 15) 1991: i-vi, 1-94 - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Oliver PM, Blom MPK, Cogger HG, Fisher RN, Richmond JQ, Woinarski JCZ. 2018. Insular biogeographic origins and high phylogenetic distinctiveness for a recently depleted lizard fauna from Christmas Island, Australia. Biol. Lett. 14: 20170696 - get paper here
- Tingley, Reid; Macdonald, Stewart L; Mitchell, Nicola J; Woinarski, John C Z; Meiri, Shai; Bowles, Phil; Cox, Neil A; Shea, Glenn M; Böhm, Monika; Chanson, Janice; Tognelli, Marcelo F; Harris, Jaclyn; Walke, Claire; Harrison, Natasha; Victor, Savanna 2019. Geographic and taxonomic patterns of extinction risk in Australian squamates. Biol. Conserv. 238, 108203 - get paper here