Eremiascincus musivus MECKE, DOUGHTY & DONNELLAN, 2009
Find more photos by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Sphenomorphinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||E: Mosaic desert skink|
|Synonym||Eremiascincus musivus MECKE, DOUGHTY & DONNELLAN 2009|
Eremiascincus musivus — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (Western Australia)|
Type locality: 20 km ENE Karratha at 20°47'10"S, 116°38'29"E.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Reproduction||oviparous (Mecke et al. 2016) |
|Types||Holotype: WAM R165266 m (M). Collected by Roy Teale on 31 October 2005. |
|Etymology||The specific epithet (from Latin, meaning ‘tessellated’) refers to the unique dorsal colour pattern formed by numerous whitish and dark spots. Used as a noun in apposition. |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Mecke, S., M. Kieckbusch, T. Graf, L. A. Beck, M. O’Shea & H. Kaiser 2016. First captive breeding of a night skink (Scincidae: Eremiascincus) from Timor-Leste, Lesser Sunda Islands, with remarks on the reproductive biology of the genus. Salamandra 52 (2): 178-188 - get paper here
- Mecke, S; Dougherty, P. & Donnellan, S.C. 2009. A new species of Eremiascincus (Reptilia: Squamata: Scincidae) from the Great Sandy Desert and Pilbara Coast, Western Australia and reassignment of eight species from Glaphyromorphus to Eremiascincus. Zootaxa 2246: 1-20 - get paper here
- MECKE, SVEN; PAUL DOUGHTY, STEPHEN C. DONNELLAN 2013. Redescription of Eremiascincus fasciolatus (Günther, 1867) (Reptilia: Squamata: Scincidae) with clarification of its synonyms and the description of a new species. Zootaxa 3701 (5): 473–517 - get paper here
- Skinner, Adam; Mark N. Hutchinson, Michael S.Y. Lee 2013. Phylogeny and Divergence Times of Australian Sphenomorphus Group Skinks (Scincidae, Squamata). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 69 (3): 906–918 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator