Lerista dorsalis STORR, 1985
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Sphenomorphinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Southern Slider |
|Synonym||Lerista dorsalis STORR 1985|
Lerista dorsalis — COGGER 2000: 518
Tychismia dorsalis — WELLS 2012: 261
Lerista dorsalis — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (South Australia including offshore islands [Boucaut, Duffield, Flinders, Greenly, Hareby, Kangaroo, Masillon, Pearsons, Reevesby, Roxby, South Neptunes, Spilsby, Thistle, Winceby], West Australia)
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Paratypes: AMS (AM) |
|Comment||Maximum size: The largest specimen of 459 museum specimens examined had a snout-vent length of 71 mm (Storr, 1985). |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Fairbairn, John; Richard Shine, Craig Moritz, and Marianne Frommer 1998. Phylogenetic Relationships between Oviparous and Viviparous Populations of an Australian Lizard (Lerista bougainvillii, Scincidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 10 (1): 95–103 - get paper here
- Greer,A.E. 1990. Limb reduction in the scincid lizard genus Lerista. 2. Variation in the bone complements of the front and rear limbs and the number of postsacral vertebrae. Journal of Herpetology 24 (2): 142-150 - get paper here
- Shea, Glenn M; Sadlier, Ross A 1999. A catalogue of the non-fossil amphibian and reptile type specimens in the collection of the Australian Museum: types currently, previously and purportedly present. TECHNICAL REPORTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM 15, 1999: 1-91
- Skinner, Adam; Michael S Y Lee and Mark N Hutchinson 2008. Rapid and repeated limb loss in a clade of scincid lizards. [Lerista]. BMC Evolutionary Biology 8:310 - get paper here
- Storr G M 1985. Revision of Lerista frosti and allied secies (Lacertilia: Scincidae). Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 12 (3): 307-316 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator