|Comment||Subspecies: Lerista nichollsi petersoni has been elevated to species status.|
Type species: Rhodona nichollsi Loveridge, 1933 is the type species of the genus Telchinoscincus Wells and Wellington, 1984. WELLS 2012: 119 revived the genus for T. gascoynensis, kendricki, kennedyensis, nichollsi, onsloviana, petersoni, uniduo, yuna. Unfortunately WELLS did not provide a phylogenetic analysis of the genera into which he broke up Lerista, hence we leave the current genus Lerista intact for the time being.
- Beolens, ; Bo; Michael Watkins, and Michael Grayson 2011. The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, USA - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Glauert, L. 1960. Herpetological miscellanea. XII. The family Scincidae in Western Australia. Pt. 2. The genus Lygosoma. Western Australian Naturalist 7 (4): 81-99
- Greer, Allen E. 1967. A new generic arrangement for some Australian scincid lizards. Breviora (267): 1-19 - get paper here
- Loveridge, A. 1933. New scincid lizards of the genera Sphenomorphus, Rhodona and Lygosoma from Australia. Occ. Pap. Boston Soc. Nat. Hist. 8: 95-100 - get paper here
- Skinner, Adam; Michael S Y Lee and Mark N Hutchinson 2008. Rapid and repeated limb loss in a clade of scincid lizards. [Lerista]. BMC Evolutionary Biology 8:310 - get paper here
- Storr G M 1984. Revision of the Lerista nichollsi complex (Lacertilia: Scincidae). Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 11 (2): 109-118 - get paper here
- Storr G M 1986. Two new members of the Lerista nichollsi complex (Lacertilia: Scincidae). Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 13 (1): 47-52 - get paper here
- Storr G M 1991. Four new members of the Lerista nichollsi complex (Lacertilia: Scincidae). Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 15 (1) 1991: 139-147 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1971. The genus Lerista (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in Western Australia. J R. Soc. West. Aust. 54: 59-75
- Storr, G. M., Smith, L. A. & Johnstone, R. E. 1981. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Perth: University of Western Australia Press and Western Australian Museum, 200 pp.
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.