Lerista storri GREER, MCDONALD & LAWRIE, 1983
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Sphenomorphinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Storr's Lerista |
|Synonym||Lerista storri GREER, MCDONALD & LAWRIE 1983|
Gavisus storri — WELLS & WELLINGTON 1984
Lerista storri — COGGER 2000: 532
Gavisus storri — WELLS 2012: 115
Lerista storri — WILSON & SWAN 2010
Type locality: near railway crossing, Springfield Station, QLD [17°53'00"S 144°24'30"E].
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Paratypes: AMS (AM) |
|Etymology||named after Glenn Storr (1921-1990) of the Western Australian Museum. See also Williams et al. (2006) for further biographical notes. |
- Amey, A.P. & Couper, P.J. 2009. A new limb-reduced skink (Scincidae: Lerista) from the dry rainforest of north Queensland, Australia. Zootaxa 2173: 19–30 - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P.J. & Amey, A.P. 2009. Lerista karlschmidti (Marx and Hosmer, 1959) (Sauria: Scincidae): re-examination of the type series, reassignment of a paratype and distribution notes. Zootaxa 2312: 39–48 - get paper here
- Greer A E; McDonald K R; Lawrie B C 1983. Three new species of Lerista (Scincidae) from northern Queensland with a diagnosis of the wilkinsi species group. Journal of Herpetology 17 (2): 247-255 - get paper here
- Shea, Glenn M; Sadlier, Ross A 1999. A catalogue of the non-fossil amphibian and reptile type specimens in the collection of the Australian Museum: types currently, previously and purportedly present. TECHNICAL REPORTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM 15, 1999: 1-91
- Wells R W; Wellington C R 1984. A synopsis of the class Reptilia in Australia. Australian Journal of Herpetology 1 (3-4): 73-129 
- Williams, D.; Wüster, W. & Fry, B.G. 2006. The good, the bad and the ugly: Australian snake taxonomists and a history of the taxonomy of Australia’s venomous snakes. Toxicon 48: 919–930
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator