Mastigodryas bruesi BARBOUR, 1914
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Colubridae, Colubrinae, Serpentes (snakes) |
|Common Names||Barbour's Tropical Racer |
|Synonym||Mastigodryas bruesi (BARBOUR 1914)|
Alsophis bruesi BARBOUR 1914: 337
Mastigodryas bruesi — SCHWARTZ & HENDERSON 1991: 626
Mastigodryas bruesi — MONTIGNELLI & ZAHER 2011
|Distribution||St. Vincent, Grenadines, Grenada (Lesser Antilles)|
Type locality: Near St. George's, St. George Parish, Grenada.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and this does not always work properly. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: MCZ 7792. |
|Comment||For illustrations see Stuart, 1941. |
- Barbour, Thomas 1914. A Contribution to the Zoögeography of the West Indies, with Especial Reference to Amphibians and Reptiles. Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy 44 (2): 205-359
- Daudin, Jacques; de Silva, Mark. 2007. An annotated checklist of the amphibians and terrestrial reptiles of the Grenadines with notes on their local natural history and conservation. Applied Herpetology 4 (2):163-175
- Malhotra, A. & Thorpe, R.S. 1999. Reptiles & Amphibians of the Eastern Caribbean. MacMillan, London & Oxford
- Montingelli, Giovanna G. and Hussam Zaher 2011. New Species of Mastigodryas Amaral, 1934 from Brazilian Amazonia and Guyana (Serpentes: Colubridae). Journal of Herpetology 45 (1): 111-119. - get paper here
- Schwartz,A. & Henderson,R.W. 1991. Amphibians and Reptiles of the West Indies. University of Florida Press, Gainesville, 720 pp.
- Stuart, L. C. 1941. Studies of Neotropical Colubrinae VIII. A revision of the genus Dryadophis Stuart, 1939. Miscellaneous publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan (49): 1-106 - get paper here
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator