Phyllurus nepthys COUPER, COVACEVICH & MORITZ, 1993
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Carphodactylidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards: geckos) |
|Common Names|| |
|Synonym||Phyllurus nepthys COUPER, COVACEVICH & MORITZ 1993|
Phyllurus nepthys — COGGER 2000: 742
Phyllurus nepthys — WILSON & SWAN 2010
Phyllurus nepthys — COGGER 2014: 275
Type locality: Finch Hatton NP (21 °06' , 148°38') MEQ.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
|Types||Holotype: QM (Queensland Museum) 134058; Paratypes: AM |
|Etymology||ETYMOLOGY: Selected from Egyptian mythology (Mackenzie, 1978). The epithet is to be treated as a noun in apposition. |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P.J.; Covacevich, J.A. & Mortiz, C. 1993. A review of the leaf-tailed geckos endemic to eastern Australia: a new genus, four new species, and other new data. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 34 (1): 95-124
- Hoskin, C.J.; P. J. Couper & C. J. Schneider 2003. A New Species of Phyllurus (Lacertailia: Gekkonidae) and a Revised Phylogeny and Key for the Australian Leaf-tailed Geckos. Australian Journal of Zoology 51 (2): 153-164 - get paper here
- Shea, Glenn M; Sadlier, Ross A 1999. A catalogue of the non-fossil amphibian and reptile type specimens in the collection of the Australian Museum: types currently, previously and purportedly present. TECHNICAL REPORTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM 15, 1999: 1-91
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator