|Types||Holotype: BMNH 18.104.22.168.|
Syntypes: NRM (NHRM) 3098, NHRM 3101, from Broome, W. A. [Ablepharis broomensis]
Holotype: AM R18684, from Harding Ranges, 8 mi W to 8 mi NW from Munja Station, Walcott Inlet, NW Australia, N. T. [Ablepharis davisi]
- Broom, R. 1896. On two new species of Ablepharus from north Queensland. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (6) 18: 342-343 - get paper here
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp.
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Copland, S. J. 1952. Taxonomic notes on the genus Ablepharus (Sauria: Scincidae). Ill. A new species from north-west Australia. Proc. Linn. Soc. N. S. W. 77: 121-125 - get paper here
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Couper, Patrick J.; Conrad J. Hoskin, Sally Potter, Jason G. Braggand Craig Moritz. 2018. A New Genus to Accommodate Three Skinks Currently Assigned to Proablepharus (Lacertilia: Scincidae). Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 60; 227-231. - get paper here
- Fuhn, I. E. 1969. Revision and redefinition of the genus Ablepharus Lichtenstein 1823 (Reptilia, Scincidae). Revue Roum. Biol. -Zool. 14: 23-41.
- Greer A E 1981. A new species of Morethia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) from northern Australia, with comments on the biology and relationships of the genus. Rec. Austral. Mus. 33 (2): 89-122  - get paper here
- Greer, A.E. 1974. The generic relationships of the scincid lizard genus Leiolopisma and its relatives. Australian Journal of Zoology 31: 1-67. - get paper here
- Greer, A.E.; Fisher, A. & Horner, P. 2004. A new species of Proablepharus (Squamata: Scincidae) from the Northern Territory of Australia. The Beagle (Rec NT Mus. Arts Sci.) 20: 199-205
- Lönnberg, E., and L. G. Andersson. 1913. Results of Dr. E. Mjöbergs Swedish Scientific Expeditions to Australia 1910-13. III. Reptiles. Kongliga Svenska Vetenskaps Akademiens Handlingar, Stockholm, 52: 1-17 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1975. The genus Proablepharus (Scincidae: Lacertilia) in Western Australia. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 3: 335-338 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.