|Distribution||S India (Malabar, Mysore, Nilgiris, S Arcot, Nallamali Hills, Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu)|
Type locality: India.
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
- Anderson, J. 1871. On some Indian reptiles. Proc. Zool. Soc. London 1871: 149-211 - get paper here
- Balakrishna, Shashank and Nitin Achari. 2014. Preliminary observations on the ovipositional behavior of the Peninsular Rock Agama Psammophilus dorsalis (Gray, 1831) from Savandurga forest area of Southwestern Karnataka, India. Herpetology Notes 7: 319-322 - get paper here
- Balakrishna, Shashank; Anuradha Batabyal, and Maria Thaker 2015. Dining in the City: Dietary Shifts in Indian Rock Agamas across an Urban–Rural Landscape Journal of Herpetology Sep 2016, Vol. 50, No. 3: 423-428. - get paper here
- Boulenger, G.A. 1885. Catalogue of the Lizards in the British Museum (Nat. Hist.) I. Geckonidae, Eublepharidae, Uroplatidae, Pygopodidae, Agamidae. London: 450 pp. - get paper here
- Boulenger, George A. 1890. The Fauna of British India, Including Ceylon and Burma. Reptilia and Batrachia. Taylor & Francis, London, xviii, 541 pp. - get paper here
- Duméril, A. M. C. and G. Bibron. 1837. Erpétologie Générale ou Histoire Naturelle Complete des Reptiles. Vol. 4. Libr. Encyclopédique Roret, Paris, 570 pp. - get paper here
- Ganesh, S. R.; M. Arumugam 2016. Species Richness of Montane Herpetofauna of Southern Eastern Ghats, India: A Historical Resume and a Descriptive Checklist Russ. J. Herpetol. 23 (1): 7-24
- Gray, J. E. 1831. A synopsis of the species of Class Reptilia. In: Griffith, E & E. Pidgeon: The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organisation by the Baron Cuvier with additional descriptions of all the species hither named, and of many before noticed [V Whittaker, Treacher and Co., London: 481 + 110 pp. 
- Murthy, T.S.N. 1990. A field book of the lizards of India. Rec. Zool. Surv. India 115: 1-122 - get paper here
- Murthy, T.S.N. 2010. The reptile fauna of India. B.R. Publishing, New Delhi, 332 pp.
- Palot, M.J. 2015. A checklist of reptiles of Kerala, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(13): 8010–8022 - get paper here
- Sailu, G; B Laxmi Narayana, Deepak Ramaiyan, B Naresh, V Vasudeva Rao, Harikrishna Adepu, Rajeev Khandelwal, Pariksheet Devulapalli and Phani Krishna 2017. Faunal diversity of Ameenpur Lake, Telangana state, India: A biodiversity heritage site Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 5(1): 512-526 - get paper here
- Smith,M.A. 1935. The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. Reptiles and Amphibia, Vol. II. Sauria. Taylor and Francis, London, 440 pp.
- Veeranagoudar, Dheeraj K.; Bhagyashri A. Shanbhag, Srinivas K. Saidapur. 2010. A novel thermoregulatory behavior in a gravid rock lizard, Psammophilus dorsalis. Herpetology Notes 3: 101-103. - get paper here
- Venugopal, P.D. 2010. An updated and annotated list of Indian lizards (Reptilia: Sauria) based on a review of distribution records and checklists of Indian reptiles. Journal of Threatened Taxa 2 (3): 725-738. - get paper here