Pseudocalotes andamanensis (BOULENGER, 1891)
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Agamidae (Draconinae), Sauria, Iguania, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Green Crestless Forest Lizard |
|Synonym||Calotes andamanensis BOULENGER 1891: 288|
Calotes andamanensis — SMITH 1935: 205
Calotes andamanensis — WERMUTH 1967: 34
Calotes andamanensis — DAS 1996: 43
Calotes andamanensis — MANTHEY 2008: 57
Pseudocalotes andamanensis — HARIKRISHNAN & VASUDEVAN 2013
|Distribution||SW India (Tamil Nadu: Tirunelveli district)|
Type locality: in error, see comment.
|Types||Holotype: ZMUC 36944146 (Zoological Museum, Københavns Universitet, Copenhagen, Denmark) |
|Comment||Rare species. According to Ishwar & Das 1998 no males were known in 1998.|
Distribution: originally reported from the Andaman Islands (as the type locality, which is in error fide Ishwar & Das 1998), but never found there. Instead, the species was found in Tamil Nadu (Tirunelveli district). However, Ishwar & Das 1998 did not formally correct or restrict the type locality.
|Etymology||Named after its distribution on the Andaman Islands. |
- Boulenger, G.A. 1891. On new or little known Indian and Malayan reptiles and batrachians. Ann. Mag. nat. Hist. (6) 8: 288-292 - get paper here
- Hallermann, J. 2000. A new species of Calotes from the Moluccas (Indonesia) with notes on the biogeogreaphy of the genus (Sauria: Agamidae). Bonner Zoologische Beiträge 49 (1-2): 155-163 - get paper here
- Harikrishnan & Vasudevan 2013. Rediscovery of Calotes andamanensis Boulenger, 1891, and assessment of its generic allocation (squamata: sauria: Agamidae). Herpetozoa 26 (1/2): 3 - 13
- Ishwar,N.M. & Das,I. 1998. Rediscovery of Calotes andamanensis Boulenger 1891, and a reassessment of the type locality. J. Bombay Nat. Hist. Soc. 95: 513-514 - get paper here
- Krishnan, S. 2008. New Species of Calotes (Reptilia: Squamata: Agamidae) from the Southern Western Ghats, India. Journal of Herpetology 42 (3): 530-535 - get paper here
- Manthey U 2008. Agamid lizards of Southern Asia, Draconinae 1. Terralog 7, 160 pp.
- Murthy, T.S.N. 1990. A field book of the lizards of India. Rec. Zool. Surv. India 115: 1-122 - get paper here
- Smith,M.A. 1935. The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. Reptiles and Amphibia, Vol. II. Sauria. Taylor and Francis, London, 440 pp.
- Venugopal, P.D. 2010. An updated and annotated list of Indian lizards (Reptilia: Sauria) based on a review of distribution records and checklists of Indian reptiles. Journal of Threatened Taxa 2 (3): 725-738. - get paper here
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator