- Anonymous 1958. A List of Zoological and Botanical Types preserved in collections in Southern and East Africa. Volume I - Zoology, Part 1. South African Museums' Association, Pretoria, i-vi, 1-147. - get paper here
- Bates, M.F.; Branch, W.R., Bauer, A.M.; Burger, M., Marais, J.; Alexander, G.J. & de Villliers, M.S. (eds.) 2014. Atlas and Red List of the Reptiles of South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland. Suricata 1. South African National Biodiversity Institute, Pretoria, 512 pp.
- Bauer, A.M., Whiting, A.S., and Sadlier, R.A. 2003. A new species of Scelotes, from near Cape Town, Western Cape Province, South Africa. Proc. Cal. Acad. Sci. 54:231-237. - get paper here
- Fitzsimons, V.F.M. 1950. Notes on a Collection of Reptiles and Amphibians from the West Coast of Southern Africa. . Ann. Transvaal Mus., 21 (3): 253-259 - get paper here
- Fitzsimons,V.F.M. 1939. Descriptions of some new species and subspecies of lizards from South Africa. Ann. Transvaal Mus. (Pretoria) 20 (1): 5-16
- Heideman, Neil J.L.; Daniel G. Mulcahy, Jack W. Sites, Martin G.J. Hendricks, Savel R. Daniels 2011. Cryptic diversity and morphological convergence in threatened species of fossorial skinks in the genus Scelotes (Squamata: Scincidae) from the Western Cape Coast of South Africa: Implications for species boundaries, digit reduction and conservation. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 61 (3): 823-833 - get paper here
- Whiting, A.S.; Aaron M. Bauer and Jack W. Sites, Jr. 2003. Phylogenetic relationships and limb loss in sub-Saharan African scincine lizards (Squamata: Scincidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 29 (3): 582-598 - get paper here