Tribolonotus ponceleti KINGHORN, 1937
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Egerniinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||Poncelet's Helmet Skink |
|Synonym||Tribolonotus ponceleti KINGHORN 1937|
Tribolonotus ponceleti — ADLER, AUSTIN & DUDLEY 1995
Type locality: Bougainville Island.
|Types||Holotype: AMS (AM) R11459 |
|Comment||Behavior: one of only a few scincid lizards that can vocalize.|
Distribution: There is some doubt as to whether this species actually occurs on Bougainville. Greer and Parker (1968a) point out that the species is absent in the extensive collections made on the island by Parker in the 1960s [from McCoy 2006].
- Adler,G.H.; Austin,C.C. & Dudley,R. 1995. Dispersal and speciation of skinks among archipelagos in the tropical Pacific Ocean. Evolutionary Ecology 9: 529-541 - get paper here
- Austin, Christopher C.; Eric N. Rittmeyer, Stephen J. Richards, George R. Zug 2010. Phylogeny, historical biogeography and body size evolution in Pacific Island Crocodile skinks Tribolonotus (Squamata; Scincidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 57 (1): 227-236 - get paper here
- Beolens, Bo; Michael Watkins, and Michael Grayson 2011. The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, USA - get paper here
- Kinghorn,J.R. 1937. A new species of skink from the Solomon Islands. Rec. Austral. Mus. 20 (1): 1-2 - get paper here
- McCoy, M. 2006. Reptiles of the Solomon Islands. Pensoft Series Faunistica 57, 212 pp.
- McCoy, M. 2015. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of the Solomon Islands. Michael McCoy, Kuranda - get paper here
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator