|Distribution||S India (Gujarat, Hills of Peninsular India. Western Ghats south of the Goa Gap to Tinnevelly; Eastern Ghats: Shevaroys, Coimbatore district, South Arcot, Jalarpet, Vizagapatam distriet, Ganjam; Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Kerala).|
Type locality: “Madras”, India
Type locality: ,,Pulney hills, Goleondah hills. [Silybura punctata GÜNTHER]
- Region according to the TDWG standard, not a precise distribution map.
NOTE: TDWG regions are generated automatically from the text in the distribution field and not in every cases it works well. We are working on it.
- Beddome,R.H. 1886. An account of the earth snakes of the Peninsula of India and Ceylon. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (5) 17: 3-33. - get paper here
- Bhupathy, Subramanian & N. Sathishkumar 2013. Status of reptiles in Meghamalai and its environs, Western Ghats, Tamil Nadu, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 5 (15): 4953-4961 - get paper here
- Boulenger, G.A. 1893. Catalogue of the snakes in the British Museum (Nat. Hist.) I. London (Taylor & Francis), 448 pp. - get paper here
- Chettri, Basundhara & S. Bhupathy 2010. Three little known reptile species from the Araku Valley, Eastern Ghats with notes on their distribution. Journal of Threatened Taxa 2 (8): 1109-1113 - get paper here
- Ganesh, S. R.; M. Arumugam 2016. Species Richness of Montane Herpetofauna of Southern Eastern Ghats, India: A Historical Resume and a Descriptive Checklist Russ. J. Herpetol. 23 (1): 7-24
- Gray, J.E. 1858. On a new genus and several new species of Uropeltidae in the collection of the British Museum. Proc. Zool. Soc. London 1858: 260-265. - get paper here
- Gray,J.E. 1858. On a new genus and several new species of Uropeltidae in the collection of the British Museum. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (3) 2: 376-381 - get paper here
- Günther, A. 1864. The Reptiles of British India. London (Taylor & Francis), xxvii + 452 pp. - get paper here
- Günther,A. 1875. Second report on collections of Indian Reptiles obtained bv the British Museum. Proc. Zool. Soc. London 1875: 224-234 - get paper here
- Guptha, M. Bubesh; P.V. Chalapathi Rao, D. Srinivas Reddy, P. Madhu Babu & SRSC. Sekhar Manddala 2013. New Record of Elliot’s Shieldtail (Gray, 1858) in Seshachalam Biosphere Reserve, Eastern Ghats, Andhra Pradesh, India. Reptile Rap (15): 7-8 - get paper here
- Kannan, P.; Bhupathy, S. 1997. Occurrence of the Elliot's Shieldtail snake (Uropeltis ellioti) in Anaikatty Hills, Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Cobra 28: 34-35
- McDiarmid, R.W.; Campbell, J.A. & Touré,T.A. 1999. Snake species of the world. Vol. 1. Herpetologists’ League, 511 pp.
- Mukherjee, Debanik & S. Bhupathy 2004. Uropeltis ellioti in the diet of Naja naja. Hamadryad 28 (1&2): 109-110 - get paper here
- Murthy, T.S.N. 2010. The reptile fauna of India. B.R. Publishing, New Delhi, 332 pp.
- Palot, M.J. 2015. A checklist of reptiles of Kerala, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(13): 8010–8022 - get paper here
- Sharma, R. C. 2004. Handbook Indian Snakes. AKHIL BOOKS, New Delhi, 292 pp.
- Smith, M.A. 1943. The Fauna of British India, Ceylon and Burma, Including the Whole of the Indo-Chinese Sub-Region. Reptilia and Amphibia. 3 (Serpentes). Taylor and Francis, London. 583 pp.
- VYAS, R. & V. PRAJAPATI 2010. Notizen zu Reptilien aus den Salher Hills, Nord - Sahyadri, Bundesstaat Maharashtra, Indien. Sauria 32 (4): 70-74 - get paper here
- Vyas, Raju 2007. Herptofauna of Puma Wildlife Sanctuary, Gujarat, India. Reptile Rap (8): 10-15 - get paper here
- Wadatkar, J.S. & M.P. Chikhale 2010. First record of Uropeltis ellioti and study of their habits and habitat in Melghat Forest in Satpuda. Reptile Rap (9): 4-5 - get paper here
- Wallach, Van; Kenneth L. Williams , Jeff Boundy 2014. Snakes of the World: A Catalogue of Living and Extinct Species. Taylor and Francis, CRC Press, 1237 pp.
- Whitaker, Romulus<br />and Ashok Captain 2004. Snakes of India. Draco Books, 500 pp., reprinted 2007 - get paper here