|Distribution||Papua New Guinea: main group of Admirality Islands, centered on Manus Island.|
Introduced to Micronesia (Weno Island) and Guam (G. Rodda, pers. comm., 13 March 2016).
Introduced to Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), fie Hileman et al. 2020.
Type locality: Papua New Guinea, Manus Province, Los Negros Island, Salami village.
- Austin, Christopher C.; Eric N. Rittmeyer; Lauren A. Oliver; John O. Andermann; George R. Zug; Gordon H. Rodda; Nathan D. Jackson 2011. The bioinvasion of Guam: inferring geographic origin, pace, pattern and process of an invasive lizard (Carlia) in the Pacific using multi-locus genomic data. Biol Invasions 13:1951–1967 - get paper here
- Buden, Donald W. 2009. Carlia ailanpalai (Reptilia: Scincidae): An Invasive Species of Lizard in the Federated States of Micronesia. Pacific Science 63 (82): 243-251 - get paper here
- Buden, Donald W. & Danko Taboroši 2016. Reptiles of the Federated States of Micronesia. Island Research and Education Initiative, 311 pp. - get paper here
- Dolman, Gaynor & Andrew F. Hugall 2008. Combined mitochondrial and nuclear data enhance resolution of a rapid radiation of Australian rainbow skinks (Scincidae: Carlia). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 49 (3): 782-794 - get paper here
- Goldberg, Stephen R.; Fred Kraus 2012. Reproduction in the Invasive Lizard, Carlia ailanpalai (Squamata: Scincidae) from Oceania. Russ. J. Herpetol. 19 (3): 199–202 - get paper here
- Hileman, Eric T.; Bradley A. Eichelberger, Jill Liske-Clark, Patrick D. Barnhart, Robert N. Reed, Amy A. Yackel Adams, Melia G. Nafus 2020. Landscape dominance of introduced herpetofauna on an oceanic island. Global Ecology and Conservation - get paper here
- Kraus, Fred 2015. Impacts from Invasive Reptiles and Amphibians. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 46: 75 - 97 - get paper here
- Rodda, Gordon H.; Amy A. Yackel Adams, Earl W. Campbell, and Thomas H. Fritts 2015. General Herpetological Collecting is Size-Biased for Five Pacific Lizards. Journal of Herpetology 49 (4): 507-512. - get paper here
- Rodda, Gordon H.; Kathryn Dean-Bradley, Earl W. Campbell, Thomas H. Fritts, Björn Lardner, Amy A. Yackel Adams, and Robert N. Reed 2015. Stability of Detectability over 17 Years at a Single Site and other Lizard Detection Comparisons from Guam. Journal of Herpetology 49 (4): 513-521. - get paper here
- Tadevosyan, Tigran L. and Bjorn Lardner. 2016. Carlia ailanpalai (Curious Skink) Diet. Herpetological Review 47 (1): 134-135 - get paper here
- Zug,G. R. 2004. Systematics of the Carlia “fusca” lizards (Squamata: Scincidae) of New Guinea and Nearby Islands. Bishop Mus. Bull. Zool. 5: 1-83