- Afonso Silva, A. C. 2018. Evolutionary history of sympatric Rainbow skinks from the Australian Monsoonal Tropics. PhD Thesis, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Dolman, Gaynor & Andrew F. Hugall 2008. Combined mitochondrial and nuclear data enhance resolution of a rapid radiation of Australian rainbow skinks (Scincidae: Carlia). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 49 (3): 782-794 - get paper here
- DONNELLAN, S.C.; P.J. COUPER, K. M. SAINT & L. WHEATON 2009. Systematics of the Carlia ‘fusca’ complex (Reptilia: Scincidae) from northern Australia. Zootaxa 2227: 1-31 - get paper here
- Edwards, Scott V.; Sally Potter, C. Jonathan Schmitt, Jason G. Bragg, and Craig Moritz 2016. Reticulation, divergence, and the phylogeography–phylogenetics continuum. PNAS 2016 113 (29) 8025-8032; doi:10.1073/pnas.1601066113 - get paper here
- Fenker, J., Tedeschi, L. G., Melville, J., & Moritz, C. 2020. Predictors of Phylogeographic Structure among co-distributed taxa across the complex Australian Monsoonal Tropics. Authorea Preprints - get paper here
- Greer, A. E. 1976. Notes on the systematics of the genus Carlia (Lacertilia: Scincidae). II. Carlia peroni (Dumeril and Bibron 1839). Herpetologica 32: 371-377 - get paper here
- Greer, A.E. 1983. On the adaptive significance of the reptilian spectacle: the evidence from scincid, teiid, and lacertid lizards. in A.G.J. Rhodin and K. Miyata (eds), Advances in Herpetology and Evolutionary Biology. Mus. Comp. Zool., Massachusetts; 725 pp. [pp. 213-221.] - get paper here
- Ingram G; Covacevich J 1989. Revision of the genus Carlia (Reptilia, Scincidae) in Australia with comments on Carlia bicarinata of New Guinea. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 27 (2): 443-490
- Storr, G. M. 1974. The genus Carlia (Lacertilia: Scincidae) in Western Australia and Northern Territory. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 3: 151-165 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M., Smith, L. A. & Johnstone, R. E. 1981. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Perth: University of Western Australia Press and Western Australian Museum, 200 pp.
- Storr, G. M.; L. A. Smith, and R. E. Johnstone 1999. Lizards of Western Australia. I. Skinks. Revised Edition. Western Australian Museum
- Turner, Grant 1995. Notes on Carlia amax (Scincidae). Herpetofauna (Sydney) 25 (2): 54-56
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.