Delma plebeia DE VIS, 1888
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Pygopodidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||E: Leaden Delma |
|Synonym||Delma plebeia DE VIS 1888|
Delma wollemi WELLS & WELLINGTON 1985: 16 (nomen nudum)
Delma plebeia — KLUGE 1974: 117
Delma plebeia — KLUGE 1993
Delma plebeia — COGGER 2000: 292
Delma plebeia — WILSON & SWAN 2010
|Distribution||Australia (New South Wales, Queensland)|
Type locality: Brisbane and Gympie, Qld.; restricted to Brisbane by choice of lectotype.
|Types||Lectotype: QM J254, designated by Kluge (1974). |
|Comment||Limb morphology: Limbless. |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- De Vis, C. W. 1888. A contribution to the herpetology of Queensland. Proc. Linn. Soc. New South Wales (2) 2: 811-826  - get paper here
- Kay, G.M.; D. Michael; M. Crane; S. Okada; C. MacGregor; D. Florance; D. Trengove; L. McBurney; D. Blair; D.B. Lindenmayer. 2013. A list of reptiles and amphibians from Box Gum Grassy Woodlands in south-eastern Australia. Check List 9 (3):476-481 - get paper here
- Kluge, A. G. 1974. A taxonomic revision of the lizard family Pygopodidae. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, (147): 1-221. - get paper here
- Kluge, Arnold G. 1976. Phylogenetic relationships in the lizard family Pygopodidae: an evaluation of theory, methods and data. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan (152): 1-72 - get paper here
- Shea, G. M. 1991. Revisionary notes on the genus Delma (Squamata: Pygopodidae) in South Australia and the Northern Territory. Rec. South Austral. Mus. 25: 71-90 - get paper here
- Swan, G.; Sadlier, R.; Shea, G. 2017. A field guide to reptiles of New South Wales. Reed New Holland, 328 pp.
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator