- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Doughty, Paul and Paul M. Oliver 2013. Systematics of Diplodactylus (Squamata: Diplodactylidae) from the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot: redefinition of D. polyophthalmus and the description of two new species. Records of the Australian Museum 28 (1): 44-65 - get paper here
- Doughty, Paul; Oliver, Paul; Adams, Mark 2008. Systematics of stone geckos in the genus Diplodactylus (Reptilia: Diplodactylidae) from northwestern Australia, with a description of a new species from the Northwest Cape, Western Australia. Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 24: 247-265 - get paper here
- Gray, J. E. 1845. Catalogue of the specimens of lizards in the collection of the British Museum. Trustees of die British Museum/Edward Newman, London: xxvii + 289 pp. - get paper here
- Hallermann, J. 2020. An annotated list of reptiles and amphibians from the 1905 Hamburg expedition to southwest Australia deposited in the Zoological Museum Hamburg. Evolutionary Systematics 4: 61 - get paper here
- How, RA, Cowan, MA, Teale, RJ, Schmitt, LH. 2020. Environmental correlates of reptile variation on the Houtman Abrolhos archipelago, eastern Indian Ocean. J Biogeogr. 47: 2017– 2028 - get paper here
- Oliver, Paul; Andrew Hugall, Mark Adams, Steven J.B. Cooper and Mark Hutchinson 2007. Genetic elucidation of cryptic and ancient diversity in a group of Australian diplodactyline geckos: The Diplodactylus vittatus complex. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 44 (1): 77-88 - get paper here
- Storr, G.M. 1979. The Diplodactylus vittatus complex (Lacertilia: Gekkonidae) in Western Australia. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 7: 391-402
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.