Gehyra xenopus STORR, 1978
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Gekkonidae, Gekkota, Sauria, Squamata (lizards: geckos) |
|Common Names||E: Crocodile-faced Dtella |
|Synonym||Gehyra xenopus STORR 1978|
Dactyloperus xenopus — WELLS & WELLINGTON 1984
Phyriadoria xenopus — WELLS & WELLINGTON 1989
Gehyra xenopus — KLUGE 1993
Gehyra xenopus — COGGER 2000: 246
Gehyra xenopus — DOUGHTY et al. 2012
|Distribution||Australia (Western Australia, NW Kimberley region)|
Type locality: near the Port Warrender road crossing of the King Edward River, 14° 52’ S, 126° 12’ E, W. A.
|Types||Holotype: WAM R56429 |
|Comment||Group: Belongs to G. australis group.|
Similar species: populations that may have been assigned to G. xenopus have been described as Gehyra spheniscus.
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Cogger, H.G. 2000. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 6th ed. Ralph Curtis Publishing, Sanibel Island, 808 pp.
- Doughty, Paul;, Russell Palmer, Mark J. Sistrom, Aaron M. Bauer and Stephen C. Donnellan, 2012. Two new species of Gehyra (Squamata: Gekkonidae) geckos from the north-west Kimberley region of Western Australia. Rec. West. Austr. Mus. 27: 117-134 - get paper here
- Ellis, Ryan J.; Paul Doughty and Aaron M. Bauer 2018. An annotated type catalogue of the geckos and pygopods (Squamata: Gekkota: Carphodactylidae, Diplodactylidae, Gekkonidae, Pygopodidae) in the collection of the Western Australian Museum. Records of the Western Australian Museum 33: 051–094 - get paper here
- Horner, P. 2005. Gehyra koira sp. nov. (Reptilia: Gekkonidae), a new species of lizard with two allopatric subspecies from the Ord-Victoria region of north-western Australia and a key to the Gehyra australis species complex. The Beagle 21: 165-174
- King M 1984. The Gehyra australis species complex (Sauria: Gekkonidae). Amphibia-Reptilia 4 (2-4) 1983: 147-169 - get paper here
- Storr, G. M. 1978. Seven new gekkonid lizards from Western Australia. Rec. West. Aust. Mus. 6: 337-352 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator