Lygisaurus malleolus (ROBERTS, COUPER, WORTHINGTON-WILMER, AMEY & ZUG, 2005)
We have no photos, try to find some by Google images search:
|Higher Taxa||Scincidae, Eugongylinae, Scincoidea, Sauria, Squamata (lizards) |
|Common Names||E: Red-tailed Litter-skink |
|Synonym||Carlia malleolus ROBERTS, COUPER, WORTHINGTON-WILMER, AMEY & ZUG in COUPER et al. 2005|
Lygisaurus malleolus — DOLMAN & HUGALL 2008
|Distribution||Australia (NE Queensland)|
Type locality: Shipton’s Flat, via Cooktown (15° 48’ S, 145° 16’ E).
|Types||Holotype: QM J42740 |
|Diagnosis||Diagnosis: not available as PDF is password-protected. |
- Cogger, H. G. 2014. Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 7th ed. CSIRO Publishing, xxx + 1033 pp. - get paper here
- Couper, P., Covacevich, J., Amey, A. & Baker, A. 2006. The genera of skinks (Family Scincidae) of Australia and its island territories: diversity, distribution and identification. in: Merrick, J.R., Archer, M., Hickey, G.M. & Lee, M.S.Y. (eds.). Evolution and Zoogeography of Australasian Vertebrates. Australian Scientific Publishing, Sydney, pp. 367-384
- Couper, Patrick J.; Jessica Worthington Wilmer; Lewis Roberts; Andrew P. Amey and George R. Zug 2005. Skinks currently assigned to Carlia aerata (Scincidae : Lygosominae) of north-eastern Queensland: a preliminary study of cryptic diversity and two new species. Australian Journal of Zoology 53 (1): 35-49 - get paper here
- Dolman, Gaynor & Andrew F. Hugall 2008. Combined mitochondrial and nuclear data enhance resolution of a rapid radiation of Australian rainbow skinks (Scincidae: Carlia). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 49 (3): 782-794 - get paper here
- Wilson, S. & Swan, G. 2010. A complete guide to reptiles of Australia, 3rd ed. Chatswood: New Holland, 558 pp.
Please submit feedback about this entry to the curator